Together with the Tribe, managing the San Antonio Tricentennial’s end-to-end social media was an opportunity I cherished. The opportunity to reach so many and to communicate such a historic event was something I’ll always remember.
Below is a brief skeleton summary of our social plan of attack we undertook upon taking over the account in July 2017 and lasting through December 2018.
2017: The Build Up
Hyping New Year’s Eve
- During July through November, teaser “Brand Awareness” objective ads ran, teasing the Tricentennial’s huge New Year’s Eve celebration to kickoff the year.
- Ads were extremely successful in generating awareness, excitement, and curiosity, garnering 75,575 engagements and 442 shares over 5 months
- As New Year’s Eve approached closer in December, we launched 5 concurrent campaigns, each focusing on a different KPI objective.
- An Event Response campaign, directing people to RSVP the New Year’s Celebration event page (different creative graphics were used, A/B tested for performance)
- A Website Traffic focused campaign, designed to attract San Antonians to the New Year’s Eve celebration’s landing page, where folks could learn more about more about the event and logistics
- Ads generated a robust $0.17 cost per link click
- Additional ads directed viewers to the event’s VIP ticket purchase landing page
- Complimentary posts highlighted miscellaneous event logistics, in addition to posts counting down the days to the celebration
- Concurrent campaigns further drew hype to the Tricentennial as a whole, highlighting the Tricentennial’s brand new website, calling for volunteer help, spotlighting national news, and teasing upcoming Tricentennial year programs
- Promoting the Tricentennial’s new website
- Calling for volunteers, sponsors, and partners
- Highlighting programs and upcoming partner events
- Arts and Culture
- Spotlighting national, regional, and local coverage
- Announcing new sponsorships
December 31st – January 1st – New Year’s Eve Celebration: Kicking off the Tricentennial
- End-to-end live social media coverage gave San Antonians at home a glimpse of the celebration.
- Facebook Live coverage of the event’s finale firework show generated an astounding 1,853 shares, garnered 10,339 reactions, comments, and shares, reaching 238,632 unique individuals
2018: The Tricentennial
- Our objective in 2018 was to generate buzz, hype, and excitement around partner events, as well as Commemorative Week 2018
- Commemorative Week, the centerpiece week of the Tricentennial, was supported by a multi-tiered build-up campaign, focused on generating awareness, website traffic, and Facebook event responses.
- An interactive video series, featuring San Antonio Spurs’ Game Host, Chuck Curaeu, further sparked excitement
- During Commemorative Week, live social showcased festivities to the rest of the world
- In the latter half of 2018, initiatives like Serve 300 Day 2018, the Summer Institute of Educators, the release of the SA300 Commemorative Book, and the King and Queen of Spain’s visit to San Antonio were highlighted.
Overall 2018 Tricentennial Facebooks stats:
- 38,948 Shares
- 22,987 Comments
- 303,000 reactions
- 76,000 link clicks for the year
- 26,000+ unique San Antonians reached everyday
- 12 million + impressions ammased
- Each 411 Facebook posts published in 2018 generated an average of 888.5 engagements per post
We’re thrilled for the opportunity to provide this caliber of results to your brand. Fill out our contact form or give us a call, and let’s chat!